Barita & Keough Law Firm, PLLC practices in all areas of employment law. The Firm’s attorneys aggressively advocate employment issues on behalf of their clients before both administrative agencies (including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), and the Department of Labor (DOL)) and Texas Courts (state and federal).
The Firm’s attorneys also provide consultation on various aspects of employment law including drafting employment policies and handbooks, drafting and advising on disciplinary/termination notices, consulting and conducting workplace investigations, drafting and negotiation of employment agreements/contracts (including non-competition and non-disclosure agreements), and providing analysis of classification of workers (independent contractors vs. employee).
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Title VII Discrimination (Race, Sex, Pregnancy, Religion and National Origin)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Employment Agreements/Contracts (hiring or severance)
- Non-Competition and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Analysis of Independent Contractor vs. Employee
Our main offices are in the Houston and Galveston area, but we have represented clients in various courts across Texas. Connect with the Barita & Keough Law Firm, PLLC today to schedule a consultation by calling 713-239-5617 or by filling out our online questionnaire consultation form.